You are invited to the
Systemic JIA Family Conference
Organized by the
Systemic JIA Foundation & Rheumatology Department, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
Friday 1st of June, 2018 | 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
Saturday 2nd of June, 2018 | 8.30 AM to 5.00 PM
Cincinnati Childrens Hospital,
3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH, 45229, USA
Who Should Attend
SJIA Families & Physicians who treat such patients.
(Final schedule will be released closer to the event time)
MINI-SYMPOSIUM ON LUNG COMPLICATIONS IN SJIA
(for families w/ SJIA & lung complications)
June 1st, Friday
Afternoon Session Options:
CUPCAKES & CONVERSATION (3:00 pm – 7.30pm)
MINI LUNG SYMPOSIUM (2.30 pm – 7.30 pm)
|2:30 PM – 3:30 PM||Parents Stories (of their kids with SJIA + ILD)|
|3:30 PM – 4:30 PM||Talk & Open Discussion: Overview of Lung complications in SJIA|
|4:405PM – 5:45 PM||Break|
|5:45 PM – 7:00 PM||Talk & Open Discussion: Treatment options for SJIA + Lung patients|
June 2nd, Saturday
SJIA Family Day (for all SJIA Families)
|8.30 AM – 9.30 AM||Breakfast (& settling in kids in Children’s rooms)|
|9:30 AM – 10.00 AM||Parents Networking: Parents meet each other|
|10:00 AM – 10.15 AM||Welcome & Introduction|
|10:15 AM – 10:45 AM||Parents Panel: Issues & Concerns of SJIA parents|
|10:45 AM – 11:15 AM||Talk 1: SJIA Treatment paths|
|11:15 AM – 11:45 AM||Talk 2: SJIA and its complications (including MAS & lung complications)|
|11:45 AM – 1:15 PM||LUNCH (and group photos)|
|1:15 PM – 2.15 PM||Expert Panel: Parents ask questions of SJIA Physicians|
|2:15 PM – 3:00 PM||Roundtable 1 (break into small groups w/ patients & physicians)|
|3.00 PM – 3:45 PM||Roundtable 2 (break into small groups w/ patients & physicians)|
|3:45 PM – 4:30 PM||Parent Networking|
|4:30 PM – 5:00 PM||Event Wrap-up|
My child has SJIA. Should I come to this event?
Yes, this event is for anyone whose child has a diagnosis of SJIA. You don’t need to be a patient of Cincinnati Children’s. We know of patient families coming from as far as Colorado, Atlanta and North Carolina.
I am a physician who sees SJIA Patients. Should I come to this event?
We welcome physicians (both Attending & Fellows) who look after SJIA patients to attend this event. The physicians from Cincinnati Children’s will be there and we welcome other physicians. Please register below so we know you will be there.
I am interested in helping cure SJIA by participating in any relevant research studies. How can I find out about any relevant studies during SJIA Family Conference?
There are several research studies relevant to SJIA that will be open for participation during SJIA Family Conference. Participation will be open to both your child with SJIA, their siblings and parents. If you indicate your your interest in participation in the Attendance Details survey, someone will reach out to you with more information.
What about my children? Can I bring my child with SJIA and siblings to the event?
Yes, you can bring your child with SJIA and any other children. We will have a separate room for children. Child Life will be helping with activities to entertain the children. The kids will join us for lunch in the main room, but otherwise can be in the kids room.
I have teenagers (either my child with SJIA or their sibling). Will there be something for them to do?
Yes, we will put the children into age-appropriate groups and have specific activities for each. Additionally, there will be a talk about living with SJIA in the room for teenagers.
What about meals? Will there be food?
Yes, we will have light breakfast, lunch and some snacks in the afternoon, in both main and children’s rooms. The food will be things like sandwiches, salads, pasta, baked goods etc. If you have any special needs from diet perspective, please bring food with you. Alternatively, the hospital cafe is right across the hallway from the Auditorium, and you can get something from there.
What about cost? Do I have to pay anything to attend?
We are working hard to keep this event free. If you appreciate our efforts in this domain, please consider making a donation to the Systemic JIA Foundation.
I am coming from out of town and will need to stay overnight. What about accommodation?
You will need to arrange for your own accommodation. Here is a list of local hotels from Cincinnati Childrens. If you are registered for the event, then you should be able to avail of the discounts that they offer to their patients.
What about parking?
There is visitor parking available at Cincinnati Children’s. You can learn more here.
Organized by the Systemic JIA Foundation, a privately funded foundation. The foundation organizes conferences, conducts surveys, makes seed grants, working with researchers and parents to accelerate the search for a cure. The goal of this conference is to bring together families suffering from Systemic JIA so they can learn from each other and experts. Such a meeting also given an opportunity for researchers to learn more about the disease and its complications.
List of Registered Attendees
- Taylor Arthuron May 31, 2018 at 2:50 pm
- Mansi Baroton May 29, 2018 at 1:56 pm
Mansi Barot Company: Novartis
- Ricardo Maisse Suehiroon May 25, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Ricardo Maisse Suehiro Company: Pfizer Inc
- Trista Morrisonon May 22, 2018 at 10:23 am
Trista Morrison Company: Sobi
- Hongxia Tangon May 18, 2018 at 7:15 am
Hongxia Tang Company: rheumatology
- Mindy Nowakon May 15, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Mindy Nowak Company: Deloitte
- Kasey Troxelon May 14, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Kasey Troxel Company: Allstar staffing
- Josh milleron May 13, 2018 at 4:28 pm
- Rachael Kincarton May 12, 2018 at 6:06 am
- Yun Schatzon May 10, 2018 at 7:19 pm
- Courtney Calhounon May 9, 2018 at 5:53 pm
- Steven Bagleyon May 7, 2018 at 3:40 pm
- Leah Bushon May 7, 2018 at 9:48 am
Leah Bush Company: Systemic JIA Foundation
- Emma Vaughnon May 3, 2018 at 12:32 pm
- Rachel Landerson May 3, 2018 at 2:04 am
- Amy Mattfieldon May 2, 2018 at 6:05 pm
- Noel Heltonon May 2, 2018 at 11:02 am
- Kayla Bareon April 27, 2018 at 6:52 am
- Stephanie Houghtonon April 25, 2018 at 1:27 am
- Sarah Adamson April 19, 2018 at 11:41 am
- Emma Dabrowskion April 16, 2018 at 9:02 am
- Marci Bagleyon April 15, 2018 at 2:19 pm
- Tammy Woodwickon April 15, 2018 at 12:33 pm
- Amber Riceon April 14, 2018 at 6:10 pm
- Todd Callanon April 13, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Todd Callan Company: Aegis Therapies
- Scott Cannaon April 11, 2018 at 10:26 am
Scott Canna Company: Rheumatology, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Jason Woodson April 10, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Jason Woods Company: Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Jianghong Dengon April 10, 2018 at 11:54 am
- Patricia Rogelon April 10, 2018 at 9:32 am
Patricia Rogel Company: PR Orthotics & OT LLC
- Hermine Brunneron April 9, 2018 at 10:26 am
Hermine Brunner Company: CCHMC
- Anna Carlsonon April 9, 2018 at 8:57 am
- Dana Leonardon April 9, 2018 at 5:37 am
Dana Leonard Company: Centegra health system
- Amy Busseyon April 8, 2018 at 8:30 pm
- Jill SIDESon April 8, 2018 at 7:28 pm
- Amanda Hasselmanon April 8, 2018 at 6:48 pm
- Chelsea ODonnellon April 8, 2018 at 6:24 pm
- Sheila Tayloron April 8, 2018 at 5:09 pm
- Caty Schwengelson April 8, 2018 at 4:40 pm
- Michelle Cookon April 8, 2018 at 4:40 pm
- Archana Radadiaon April 8, 2018 at 4:32 pm
- Pamela Milleron April 8, 2018 at 4:25 pm
- Pauline Acevedoon April 8, 2018 at 4:17 pm
- Stephanie Sampsonon April 8, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Stephanie Sampson Company: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- Lana Rogerson April 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm
- Sarah Hillon April 8, 2018 at 3:17 pm
- Alexander Spearson April 8, 2018 at 2:58 pm
- Katlin Reardonon April 8, 2018 at 2:46 pm
- Anedra Dunnon April 8, 2018 at 2:45 pm
- Amy Thallson April 8, 2018 at 2:31 pm
- Kari Cuppon April 8, 2018 at 1:01 pm
- Rashmi Sinhaon April 7, 2018 at 4:28 am
Rashmi Sinha Company: Systemic JIA Foundation